Saturday 23 April 2011

PhotoTraining4u


PhotoTraining4U is turning out to be one of my best ever investments since I decided to take my photography a bit more seriously. It’s a superb source of information and advice with easy to follow video tutorials. The photoshop/elements tutorials, in particular, have taken my finished images to a different level and improved my workflow no end. Like wise the studio lighting lessons make things a real lot easier to understand and I've seen a marked improvement in my high key shots over the past two sessions. You could pay a fortune to learn this stuff a day course. I can't recommend the site highly enough.

From using the site I noticed that Mark Cleghorn uses Loxley Colour Labs to produce his prints. I'd been impressed with their stand at the Focus on Imaging show so I decided to give them a go. I also wanted to check my monitor calibration as my home produced prints tend to come out on the dark side. The calibration is set with a color Munki and I was keen to check the on screen colours against a professional print.

Having downloaded the Loxley upload software I sent five images off to them at 3.00pm on Wed afternoon. They arrived back as A4 prints at 7.00am the next morning, what service! The print quality is superb and far superior to my home produce efforts, and I thought they were ok. The screen calibration also seems to be spot on. I'm a convert now and I'll be trying a few more of their products over the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment