Sunday 16 January 2011

Portrait Professional

After being impressed with the free trial of Portrait Professional I splashed out and bought the full package. It’s reduced at the moment and with discount vouchers freely available on the web £20 seemed like a steal for such an impressive piece of software.
It’s really quick and simple to use and you can be up and running with an edited portrait on your screen in about 5 minutes.

However, for me, the default settings are a bit over the top. I’ve found myself turning off all the face manipulation settings and skin controls just leaving the eyes and teeth correction and sharpening controls. These need tweaking but it’s worth the effort for a more realistic look.

I suppose purists will argue that all these features are available in Photoshop but I just haven’t got the time or inclination to get involved with post processing to that extent using Photoshop. For me Portrait Professional does a great job for a very reasonable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment