Sunday 16 January 2011

ColorMunki

It’s been a quiet few weeks photography wise although I have been busy setting up my printer after I decided to get serious with some home printing. To that end I was able to borrow a ColorMunki from the disbanded camera club in work. Its a £300 screen calibration tool and all the reviews I’ve read seem very positive.

After two hours I had my monitor re-calibrated and suddenly the reason for my prints looking different from my screen displays became apparent. What I had assumed was a printer problem wasn’t at all. I wish I’d sorted this out a long time ago as all my previous shots need tweaking with the new settings. I’d give the Colormunki a big thumbs up and it’s been a valuable lesson after ignoring all the articles and advice I’ve ignored re calibration.

No comments:

Post a Comment