Friday 10 June 2011

Weddings

I photographed my first wedding last weekend after being asked by friend and wedding photographer, Glenn Blakeborough of Focus14 Photography to act as second photographer on a wedding he was booked to shoot at Thornbury Golf Club just outside of Bristol.

I didn’t have to think twice when Glenn contacted me with the offer to shoot with him. This was a fantastic opportunity and It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time after following the articles of some of the countries top wedding photographers in the pro mags I subscribe to.

My remit was to capture guests arriving whilst Glenn was busy with some pre wedding shots of the bride and general scene setting. Following the ceremony he wanted me to capture candid shots of the guests, working around Glenn as he got on with the group shots the bride and groom had requested.

I thoroughly enjoyed my day although it was hard work. We were shooting for four and a half hours and I was so wrapped up in what I was doing it wasn’t until we were leaving that I realised we hadn’t even stopped for a drink during that time. The pint we had just before we left was one of the best ever.

However I was really pleased with what I came away with and I was able to supply Glenn with just over 200 shots. I’ve been left wanting more and wedding photography is something I definitely want to do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment